It is perfectly possible to decrease your living costs and improve your standard of living all at the same time. It just takes the right mindset. Instead of focussing on what you have lost, simply focus on what you have gained. Here’s an example…
You decide to quit smoking. Obviously you will save money, and quite a bit. I would guess that here in the UK a typical smoker would spend around £200 per month on smoking.
Most people when they quit smoking will negatively focus on just that not smoking. They will focus on what their decision has denied them. They focus on missing out on smoking. This is wrong way to think, and often leads to a person beginning to smoke again. After all, who would want to voluntarily make a decision and stick to it when it takes something away from your life?
Instead you could take charge of your new situation and make sure that your life is better. In the example of quitting smoking you could keep reminding yourself that your health is now improving all the time now that you are a non smoker. Also you could do something better than smoking with that £200 you are now saving. You could go on a really nice meal once a month with half of it, and save the other half for some other treat. Perhaps a weekend away every now and then. Do with it something that you value more than the thing you have given up.
If you wish to quit smoking, then check out my totally free hypnotherapy audio session for quitting smoking. (More sessions are available at my hypnosis site HypnoBusters.) Get yourself comfortable, either seated or led down, and make sure you won’t be disturbed for a while. Enjoy!
Another way you could save money and improve your life is by getting into cooking exotic meals. If you have a partner, there is nothing better than cooking a great meal together. You can usually eat for cheaper than ready meals, takeaways, dining out, and usually healthier as well. Also the thrill of learning new skills and recipes is good for the soul.
Going on a diet can also help you save cash. Just by simply cutting back on non essential foods such as chocolates, cakes, alcohol etc. can help save you a fortune. In order to help you improve your life, weigh yourself once a week and watch the weight drop off you. Maybe buy some new smaller clothes with some of the money you save, and look better than ever. You can also of course use some of the cash you save on food for other forms of entertainment that don’t cost you calories.
Make money from hobbies. Find a hobby that pays, or modify an existing hobby to make money. For instance if you like playing with wood then you might want to make bird boxes to sell. If you like writing, then you may wish to write an e book and sell it online. I was once a professional musician and I know that it is a great feeling making money from something you love doing.
With a practical and positive mindset you can find ways to save money AND improve your life. You don’t need to be a money saving expert. All you need to do is make sure the change has improved your life. Create a benefit and focus on just that. There is nearly always a benefit to every change in situation, and you can also create more by utilising some of the cash you have saved.
If you started internet marketing to get out of debt, then you should read this.
- Quit Smoking Hypnotherapy Affiliate Programme
- Want To Earn Loads Of Cash In January and February?
- How Rich People Think Differently From The Poor
- How To Save Money On Food
- Saving Money by Making a Game of Shopping
- Great Methods To Sell Affiliate Products
- Top Link Building Strategies
- Blogs That Accept Your Guest Posts
- How To Set Up A WordPress Blog
- Why You Shouldn’t Spam Blog Comments
- How To Save Money On Food
- How To Mask Your Affiliate Links
- Massively Increase Your Chances Of Getting A Guest Post Published
- How To Write An Amazing Blog Post
- Rapidly Grow Your Business With Odesk
- Worst Jobs From Around The World
- Powerful Method To Sell Affiliate Products Without A Website
- How To Attract More Comments To Your Blog
- Rake In Cash From Your Hobbies
- How You Can Build A Hugely Popular Website
- Why You Need To Get Yourself On Google Plus
- Increase Your Earnings With These Simple Changes To Your Writing
- How To Make Money Online Around Christmas
- Are You Interested In Affiliate Marketing Because You Are In Debt?
- Affiliate Marketing is Just Like Learning To Type
- Review of “Write To Sell” by Andy Maslen
- How To Promote The Hell Out Of Your New Blog Post
- How Hummingbird Will Affect Online Marketing
- It’s Called Social Networking, So Get Social!
- You CAN Sell Affiliate Products WITHOUT A Website!
- Affiliate resources
- Bad Habits To Avoid
- Blog announcements
- Book Reviews
- Collaborative posts
- Email Marketing
- General questions
- Guest Posts
- How To
- Increase Sales
- Make Money Methods
- Out Sourcing
- Personal Development
- Recommended Affiliate Programmes
- Search engines
- Social Media