Rescue It Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or by mail
- Administrator contact info is provided
When consumers begin to suspect a product doesn’t work the way it was meant to, a class action lawsuit may very well become inevitable. An example of this can be found in the recently settled class action lawsuit known as Traxler et al. v. PPG Industries, Inc. et al. The suit was filed over allegations that Rescue It! products contain design flaws that lead to improper adherence to underlying decking or substrate and eventually cause peeling, cracking, bubbling, and damage to the property to which they are applied. The Defendant, however, is not taking these allegations lying down stating that the Rescue It! products are NOT defective and do indeed function as they should. At this point it appears no decision regarding the merits of either sides’ arguments will ever be made due to the previously mentioned settlement. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can begin the online claim filing process by going to the Rescue It Settlement page and clicking the Submit a Claim Form link.
More on the Rescue It Settlement
- The deadline by which claims must be filed (online or by mail) is August 28th, 2018
- The total amount the Defendants will pay into the Settlement Fund is $6,500,000.00
- Those who didn’t request exclusion by the July 24th, 2017 deadline lost rights to sue
- Products must have been purchased between January 1st, 2013 and April, 27th, 2017
A full list of the products included in the Rescue It Settlement can be found in the Class Notice that was sent out to Class Members (the list can also be found at the settlement’s homepage). Class Members who want to know more about the settlement can review the available FAQs. Those who don’t find what they were hoping to find in the FAQs may want to try contacting the Claims Administrator for further assistance.
Rescue It Settlement Claims Administrator
- 1801 Market Street, Ste 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103