How to Enter the COBRA EHR Portal
- New users can register for online account access
- A User ID and account password is needed to enter
- Over the phone technical support is available
The importance of managing something as critical (albeit temporary) as COBRA coverage simply cannot be understated. Therefore, one should only expect an easy and straight-forward way for this to be accomplished. A shining example of how this can be done is the convenient COBRA EHR portal. Those who have yet to register for access to the portal can begin by clicking the Create or Reset Your Password link. After clicking the link a brief online form will appear that must be completed with a User ID, zip code, date of birth, and password to complete the registration process. It should be noted that COBRA EHR portal passwords created should be between 8 and 20 characters in length, must contain and upper and lowercase letter, and must contain at least 1 number.
A Super Quick Overview of COBRA
- Is short for the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985
- Requires employers to offer temporary continuation of health coverage
- Spouses and children are considered qualified beneficiaries (makes sense)
- Coverage cannot be switched to COBRA after another coverage is chosen
- Coverage will not be continued if no action is taken to keep it active
Once the registration process is finished, the simple process of gaining access to the COBRA EHR portal can be completed by entering a User ID along with an account password before clicking the Login button (can be done in less than 10 seconds). A great deal of information regarding COBRA coverage is available to be reviewed by clicking the COBRA FAQs link posted at the top of the portal. Those who didn’t find what they needed within the FAQs (or just got tired of reading) can call 877-292-6272 for over the phone assistance.
COBRA EHR Portal Mailing Address
- PO Box 5884, Hopkins, MN 55343-5884