Alarm TCPA Class Action: How to File
- Class Members can submit their claim forms online
- The settlement also provides claim filing by mail
- Class Members can confirm the number of calls
Lawsuit settlements come in many different shapes and sizes. However, one that exceeds the $100 MILLION threshold is one to stand up and take notice of. For an example of such a settlement, we now turn to the case called Abante Rooter and Plumbing, Inc., et al. v. Alarm.com Incorporated et al. The case came about based on allegations made by the Plaintiffs that the Defendant violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by making automated telemarketing calls. In order to begin an online claim, participants can go to the filing page and click the File Claim tab (filing is available regardless of whether the filer has a claim number).
More on the Alarm TCPA Class Action
- It’s estimated that each eligible Class Member will receive between $92 and $142
- Class Members must submit their claims no later than the April 16th, 2019 deadline
- April 16th, 2019 is also the deadline for Class Members to submit exclusion requests
- The court will hold a hearing on the fairness of the settlement on August 13th, 2019
- The total amount of the settlement far exceeds the $17,000,000 Vizio TV Settlement
Additionally, the Plaintiffs also allege the Defendant made calls using a recorded or fake voice. Further, the suit alleges the Defendant made calls to numbers found on the National Do Not call Registry without prior permission from the call recipients (that sure is a lot of allegations!). Class Members can review the full details of why the suit was filed under Section 2 of the settlement notice.
By the way, the settlement also provides filing by mail. In order to do so, Class Members must fill out a claim form and send it directly to the Settlement Administrator. Please note that claim forms must be post-marked no later than the April 16th, 2019 deadline.
In addition to the accepting claim forms, the Settlement Administrator can also help answer questions about the settlement. Meanwhile, those who would rather help themselves can look for answers within the FAQs found online and within the notice.
Alarm TCPA Class Action Settlement Administrator
- PO Box 505034
- Louisville, KY 40233-9702
Another TCPA Class Action