- Claims can be filed electronically or by mail
- Frequently Asked Questions are provided
- Administrator can be contacted for help
It’s hard to find a health craze that is completely free of controversy. A prime example of controversy within the probiotic industry can be found in the class action lawsuit titled Rikos v. The Procter & Gamble Company. The suit was filed over allegations that the Defendant falsely advertised the digestive health benefits that can be gained from taking Align probiotic supplements. The Defendant, on the other hand, denies the allegations made in the suit along with any kind of wrongdoing and is continuing to stand behind the product as being an effective probiotic. Which party would have won the argument in a full-blown trial likely will never be known (but could be speculated upon to one’s heart’s content!) as the case has now come to a pending settlement that provides eligible Class Members with a cash refund up to $49.26. Those who believe they are eligible for the refund can begin the online filing process by going to the Align Settlement page and clicking the File Claim tab.
Getting Down to the Nitty-Gritty
- Products must have been purchased between March 1st, 2009 and June 6th, 2018
- The deadline by which claims must be filed (online or by mail) is May 16th, 2018
- Exclusions requests and objections must be filed by the March 17th, 2018 deadline
- Those who take no action will NOT receive the refund and lose their rights to sue
- Refunds to be reduced if the total amount of eligible claims exceed $15,000,000
A hearing to decide whether or not to approve the settlement will be held on April 16th, 2018 (hold those horses this isn’t a done deal yet!). The answers to many common questions can be reviewed by clicking the Frequently Asked Questions link posted at the top right hand side of the Align Settlement page. Those who plan on filing by snail mail must make sure the correspondence is post-marked NO LATER THAN the May 16th, 2018 filing deadline and sent directly to the Settlement Administrator. The Settlement Administrator is also a good source of help for those who come up short when browsing the FAQs.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041