Receiving Payment from the Candy Products Settlement
- A claim must be submitted online or by mail
- Frequently Asked Questions list is available
- Administrator contact information is provided
It appears the ongoing class actions lawsuit called Trentham v. Taste of Nature, Inc. will soon be coming to a conclusion as both parties have agreed to a pending settlement that will reimburse eligible Class Members who purchased certain Taste of Nature candy products. The case was filed over allegations that the Defendant pulled the wool over the eyes of consumers (so to speak) by packaging products with an unlawful amount of empty space in the box (made it look like there was more candy than there actually was). However, it should be pointed out that the Defendant denies liability and maintains there is no factual or legal basis for the allegations made in the suit. Those who believe they are eligible for payment can file online at the settlement page or print off a claim form and send it to the Settlement Administrator (after its been filled out of course).
Getting Into the Details of the Candy Products Settlement
- The deadline by which claims must be filed (online or mail-in) is December 24th, 2018
- September 28th, 2018 is the deadline to submit a request for exclusion or objection
- Products must have been purchased between January 1st, 2013 and June 18th, 2018
- Class Members with proof of the purchase(s) can receive up to $12.50 per household
- Class Members who cannot prove the purchase(s) may claim up to $1 per household
Those who plan on filing by mail must make sure the correspondence is post-marked no later than the December 24th, 2018 claim filing deadline. Likewise, all requests to be excluded must be post-marked by the deadline of September 28th, 2018.
Questions about the Candy Products Settlement can be addressed by reviewing the extensive FAQs laid out in the notice (they’re also available online at the settlement page). Those who don’t find what they were looking for in the FAQs can try reaching out to the Settlement Administrator for further assistance.
Candy Products Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 59502, Philadelphia, PA 19102 -9502