Submitting a Claim for the Deck Over Settlement
- Claims can be filed for refunds and repairs
- Alternative dispute resolution is possible
- Administrator can be contacted for help
An ongoing litigation involving Behr Process Corporation’s “Deck Over” product appears to be wrapping up as both parties have come to a pending settlement agreement. The settlement will compensate the Plaintiffs for money spent purchasing the product along with any repairs made to property that was damaged. However, it should be noted that the amount of compensation available to each Plaintiff depends on whether proof of the purchases/repairs can be provided. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can begin by going to the online settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab. After clicking the tab it must be clarified whether a new claim or existing claim is being worked on in order to begin or continue with the filing.
Thanks! What else should I know about the Deck Over Settlement?
- Purchases must have been made between September 1st, 2012 and June 27th, 2018
- Those who cannot provide proof of purchases will be refunded at $30.00 per gallon
- If the repairs cannot be proven 75% of $4 per square foot of surface area is provided
- Those who take no action (filing or exclusion) will receive nothing from the settlement
It is important to point out that alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is available for those who aren’t satisfied with the settlement. Those who are interested in participating should make sure to check the ADR Option box when submitting the claim form. It’s worth pointing out the ADR process is FREE (always good to know whether or not money needs to be shelled out).
Important Dates for the Deck Over Settlement
- Claims must be filed by February 27th, 2019 or 1 year from purchase (whichever is greater)
- The date by which objections and exclusion requests must be filed is October 15th, 2018
- The Fairness Hearing is currently scheduled to be held on December 6th, 2018 at 9:45 AM
Class Members who plan on requesting an exclusion from the settlement must make sure the correspondence is post-marked no later than the filing deadline and mailed directly to the Settlement Administrator. In addition to receiving claims and exclusion requests, the Settlement Administrator can also be contacted with questions. Those who would rather find their own answers can trying searching through the FAQs posted at the top of the online settlement page.
Deck Over Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 15850, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Another Open Settlement