Filing an Online Claim for the Grass Seed Settlement
- Online filing is available with or without a notice
- Frequently Asked Questions can be reviewed
- Settlement Administrator can be contacted
It appears that the ongoing case known as In re Scotts EZ Seed Litigation may finally be nearing its conclusion as both parties have recently come to an agreed upon settlement in hopes of resolving allegations that the Defendant’s EZ Seed product does not grow grass 50% thicker with half the water as claimed. As far as compensation goes, the settlement provides eligible Class Members with compensation of $15 for each purchase of Scotts EZ Seed. Class Members who are able to submit a proof of the purchases can receive payment for up to 6 packages of EZ Seed while those who cannot prove the purchases may only receive compensation of up to 3 packages. Those who believe they are eligible for payment can begin by going to the Grass Seed Settlement page and clicking the Submit Claim tab. Class Members who received notice of the settlement via postcard or email will need to enter a Class Member ID before proceeding with the online filing. If a notice was not received the I have not received a notice and would like to submit a claim link can be clicked to move forward.
Key Dates to Mark on the Calendar
- December 4th, 2018 is the date by which all claim forms must be submitted
- Exclusions and objections must be submitted no later than October 19th, 2018
- A hearing on the fairness of the settlement will be held on December 19th, 2018
- ****Note those who do not file or request an exclusion will receive NOTHING
It’s important to point out that the products in question must have been purchased in either New York or California between the dates of January 1st, 2009 and September 30th, 2014. Those with questions about the Grass Seed Settlement can try reviewing the available Frequently Asked Questions provided in the notice or online (the FAQs are fairly extensive so chances are the needed information will be available). All claims sent by mail must be postmarked by the December 18th, 20918 filing deadline and sent directly to the Settlement Administrator. The Settlement Administrator can also be contact by those who didn’t find what they needed in the FAQs.
Grass Seed Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 8748, Philadelphia, PA 19101-8748