HSBC UK New Card Activation Process
- You can activate your new card in one of 3 ways
- Valuable information on how to use your card is available
- Questions? HSBC provides top notch customer support
The arrival of a new credit card can be an exciting event (or a relieving one if you lost your old one!). However, before you get too exciting you should always remember that card usually needs to be activated. For example, HSBC customers can activate a new card in one of three easy methods (overview found at www.hsbc.co.uk/newcard).
Over the phone – This might be the easiest way. Just pick up the phone and call 0800 328 1370 for credit cards or 0800 783 5263 fort debit cards. Best of all you can get iot done in less than a minute!
Internet – Not around a phone? Jump online and login with your digital secure key. Might be even easier than the phone, actually.
ATM – Debit card customers with established accounts can simply make a PIN transaction for automatic activation. This is very easy as well but you’ll need to track down an ATM first.
HSBC UK New Card Contactless Feature
As you may have heard, many cards now offer a contacless feature that allows customers to make purchases with no contact whatsoever. HSBC cards have not missed the boat. In fact, all you need to do is make a PIN transaction to activate the contacless feature. Once you’ve done this you may need to enter your PIN every so often to complete a purchase (welcome to the 21st century!).
HSBC Fun Factoids
- Has a massive network that covers 65 countries throughout the world
- The company focuses on banking (commercial, private, retail, global)
- HSBC has over 40 MILLION customers
- Listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, and Bermuda stock exchanges
Lost your card? Call 0800 085 2401 from the UK or +44 1442 422929 if your out of the country to report it.
More financial information
- Check out the American Express Expo Enroll 20 Offer