Jeunesse Distributor Settlement: How to File a Claim
- Class Members can file a claim online or through the mail
- The settlement’s deadline for filing is December 31st, 2018
- The settlement provides FAQs to help answer questions
Any person who’s been on the receiving end of unfair business practices knows how frustrating the experience can be. It appears sometimes that type of frustration can present itself in the form of a class action lawsuit. The case called Aboltin et al., v. Jeunesse, LLC was filed over allegations made by the Plaintiffs that the Defendant enticed people into paying for a business opportunity while knowing the business was rigged against new distributors. However, it should be mentioned that the Defendant denies these allegations. At any rate, the case seems to be wrapping up as both parties have agreed to settle the case before it goes to trial. Eligible Class Members can file for their share of the settlement by clicking the Submit a Claim tab posted at the top of the online settlement page.
More Details on the Jeunesse Distributor Settlement
- The settlement provides $2,500,000 to pay Class Member claims and expenses
- The deadline to request exclusion from the settlement is November 26th, 2018
- The court will decide whether to approve the settlement on January 8th, 2019
- Class Members who don’t take action will NOT receive payment (file or opt out)
In addition to not getting paid, Class Members who don’t take action will also lose rights to their own separate lawsuit. Additionally, the Settlement requires registration to become a Jeunesse distributor to have taken place between January 1st, 2010 and September 13th, 2018 to be considered an eligible Class Member.
Final Footnotes on the Jeunesse Distributor Settlement
- $1 million of the settlement may be used to pay attorney fees and administration expenses
- The settlement includes a group for both Starter Kits and Discarded/Retained Products
- Claims and exclusion requests filed by mail must be postmarked by the stated deadlines
- The settlement’s online filing process is similar to that of the Sekure TCPA Settlement
Class Members who are filing by mail must send the completed claim form directly to the Settlement Administrator. In addition to taking claims and exclusion requests, the Settlement Administrator is also available to help answers questions. Class Members who prefer to find their own answers can try searching the FAQs available in the notice and at the online settlement page.
Jeunesse Distributor Settlement Administrator
- PO Box 5270, Portland, OR 97208-5270
Another Open Class Action Settlement