Opening Information on the Laminate Settlement
- A variety of claim filing options are available
- Important claim documents are provided
- Settlement Administrator can be contacted
Every so often more than one class action lawsuit is resolved by just one overall settlement fund. An example of multiple lawsuits being taken care of in this fashion can be found in the cases known as the Lumber Liquidators Chinese-Manufactured Laminate Flooring Products Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation and the Lumber Liquidators Chinese-Manufactured Flooring Durability Marketing And Sales Practices Litigation. The lawsuits were filed over allegations that the Defendant sold flooring containing levels of formaldehyde that did not comply with California Air Resources Board regulations (the first mentioned) and that the same flooring also did not meet industry standards for durability and scratch resistance (the second mentioned). Although the Defendant denies these allegations, the cases have nevertheless come to one overall settlement valued at a staggering $36 MILLION. Those who wish to get the ball rolling on a claim can do so by visiting the Laminate Settlement page and clicking the Submit a Claim tab.
Anything else I should know before I get started with a claim?
- The flooring must have been purchased between January 1st, 2009 and May 31st, 2015
- $22,000,000 of the settlement to be paid in cash and $14,000,000 to be paid in vouchers
- The deadline by which claims must be filed is October 13th, 2018 (online or sent by mail)
- Requests for exclusion and objections must be submitted prior to September 4th, 2018
- The Final Approval Hearing is set to be held on October 3rd, 2018 (important decision!)
After clicking the Submit a Claim link at the Laminate Settlement page one of three options can be selected: file a new claim with a confirmation code, file a new claim without a confirmation code, and edit a previously filed claim. Claims sent by mail must be addressed to the Settlement Administrator and post-marked no later than the October 13th, 2018 deadline. It is very important to point out that those who fail to file by the deadline (and who didn’t previously request an exclusion) will receive NOTHING (doesn’t sound like a good position to be in!). Important Documents regarding the settlement can be reviewed by clicking the link posted at the top of the online filing page. Those with questions can try reviewing the FAQs (found online and in the Class Notice) or contacting the Settlement Administrator directly.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103