My Prepaid Balance
- MyPrepaidBalance issues prepaid debit cards than can be used anywhere Visa and MasterCard are accepted
- Setting up direct deposit to a MyPrepaidBalance card is completely fee free and should only take a few minutes
- Other than direct deposit, funds cannot be added to a card from MyPrepaidBalance
When a prepaid card from MyPrepaidBalance is activated, it’s ready to be used instantly. A prepaid card issued by MyPrepaidBalance can be used anywhere, in any store, or online. MyPrepaidBalance recommends being aware when their cards are used at places like hotels or car rental agencies that may place an authorization hold. If the authorization hold is larger than the available balance, the transaction will be declined.
Notes Of Interest
- Customers must be at least 13 years old to purchase and use a card from MyPrepaidBalance.
- If customers set up an online account, they can add multiple cards and view all balances and transactions at once, without having to type in the number of each card every time
- MyPrepaidBalance cards can’t be used at ATMs — only a retail point of sale
Cards via MyPrepaidBalance are branded as “debit” cards, but they do not have a 4 digit PIN number associated with them, so customers will need to select the “credit” option when they make a purchase in a retail store, and sign for their purchase like they would with a credit card.
MyPrepaidBalance cards are for United States use only, and can’t be used in any other country. They will work in US territories like Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.