A Quick Guide to the My Work Day Bass Pro Portal
- Employees can login with a username and password
- The portal provides password recovery assistance
- Users with questions can call the Help Desk
Employees who require access to the My Work Day Bass Pro portal can begin by entering their username and account password. Once both pieces of login information have been entered the Sign In button can be clicked to proceed into the portal. However, for some the login process may not come this simple. For instance, employees who have forgotten an account password will need to restore it before gaining access to the portal. In order to begin the reset process, the user must click the Forgot password? link and enter a username and email address. Meanwhile, those who only wish to change their current password can do so by entering their username, old password, and new password.
Getting to Know Bass Pro
- The outdoors shop was founded in 1972 by Johnny Morris (nearly half a century old)
- Bass Pro started off with just 8 square feet of space (talk about humble beginnings!)
- The store has expanded to more than 200 locations all throughout North America
- Many of the locations feature some pretty sweet aquariums (easy to slip into a trance)
- In 2017 the company acquired its biggest rival, Cabela’s (might as well join forces!)
Employees who suddenly recall their password (or decide they no longer wish to change it) can click the Back to Sign In link to return to the login screen. In addition to the password recovery options, the portal also provides status updates at the bottom right hand side of the page (check to see when the portal will be down). Finally, employees with questions about the portal can call the Help Desk (go ahead and hit option 2).
My Work Day Bass Pro Help Desk Phone Number