Pettit Wipe Settlement: How to Receive Payment
- Class Members can file claims online or by regular postal mail
- The settlement includes claims with or without proof of purchase
- Class Members can review Frequently Asked Questions for help
Every so often a settlement puts an end to not one but TWO different lawsuits. For example, the cases titled Pettit v. Procter & Gamble Company and Ramcharitar v. Procter & Gamble Company now appear to be wrapping up thanks to the recently agreed upon Pettit Wipe Settlement. The settlement hopes to resolve similar allegations made in both suits based on assertions that the Defendant’s “Charmin Freshmates Flushable Wipes” were not really safe to flush. However, the settlement has not officially been approved as the Final Approval Hearing is not scheduled to be held until March 28th, 2019. Class Members who wish to submit a claim for payment can begin by going to the online filing page and click the Submit Claim tab.
Taking a Highlighter to the Pettit Wipe Settlement
- The deadline for Class Members to submit their claims is set for February 28th, 2019
- February 28th, 2019 is also the deadline by which exclusion requests must be filed
- Class Members can submit their claims with or without proof of the purchases
While on the topic of proving the purchase, it should be pointed out that the amount of the payment depends on whether the Class Member can provide a receipt. For instance, those who CAN come up with purchase receipts may receive up to $30 per household. Meanwhile, those who CANNOT produce a receipt can only claim up to $4.20 per household.
But what on Earth can I buy for less than 4 bucks??
- A Carton of Eggs – Just don’t reach for those fancy “pasture-raised” kind
- A Big Mac – The iconic fast-food burger can usually still be had for $3.99
- Ramen Noodles – The amount that can be bought for under $4 is amazing
After clicking the Submit Claim tab, the Class Member must enter their name, address, and email address before moving onto the section where they can enter the purchase details. On the other hand, Class Members who would rather file by mail can print the form and mail it directly to the Settlement Administrator upon completion (more tedious and less cost-effective). Class Members with questions about the settlement can try reviewing the FAQs found at the online filing page and within the class notice.
Pettit Wipe Settlement Administrator
- PO Box 58280, Philadelphia, PA 19102-8280
Check Out This Other Recent Settlement