Sekure TCPA Settlement: Learn How to File a Claim
- Claim forms can be filed online or sent by mail
- Frequently Asked Questions are provided
- Administrator can be contacted for help
A class action settlement valued at $6,250,000 has been agreed upon in an attempt to put to rest the ongoing litigation called Michael Kaiser-Nyman v. First Choice Payment Solutions G.P. If approved, the settlement will resolve allegations that the Defendant made calls to cell phones without permission of recipients using an automated system or prerecorded voice (kind of like the A&B TCPA Settlement). However, the Defendant doesn’t agree with the allegations and has pushed back by conditioning it has done nothing wrong and that the case would not be certified as a class action. At any rate, these arguments seem to be a moot point due to the previously mentioned settlement. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can file online or through the mail.
Sekure TCPA Settlement: Things to Keep in Mind
- The calls must have been received between July 26th, 2013 and February 1st, 2018
- The deadline by which claims must be filed is currently set at November 30th, 2018
- November 30th is also the date by which exclusions and objections must be filed
- The decision on whether to approve the settlement is set for December 20th, 2018
Class Members who decide to file online can begin by going to the filing page listed in the class notice and clicking the File Claim tab. After clicking the tab, the option of filing either with a claim number or phone number can be selected to proceed. On the other hand, those who would rather file by mail can do so by downloading a claim form at the filling page (just fill it out and send it on in!).
Final Notes on the Sekure TCPA Settlement
- The estimated amount of cash per claim is thought to be around $30
- Those who don’t file or request an exclusion will receive NOTHING
- Fees, costs, and expenses will be taken out of the settlement fund
A paper claim form can also be requested by calling the Settlement Administrator directly. In addition to providing claim forms, the Settlement Administrator can also help answer any questions about the settlement. However, those who would rather skip the phone call can try looking for answers in the FAQs posted in the notice and at the top of the online filing page.
Sekure TCPA Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404083, Louisville, KY 40233-4083
Check Out Another Recent Settlement