Filing a Claim for the Stream Energy Class Action Settlement
- Claims can be made by filing the available online form
- A variety of important deadlines apply to the settlement
- Settlement Administrator can be contacted with questions
Most consumers expect transparency when entering into a contract for a product or service. With that being said, when the true amount of rates being charged is thought to have become a little murky some sort of legal action may very will be on the horizon. A recent case featuring such allegations can be found in the lawsuit titled Basile v. Stream Energy Pennsylvania, LLC. The suit was filed over allegations that the Defendant breached contract due to certain acts and omissions made in connection with its Variable Rate Electricity Plans in the state of Pennsylvania. It must be pointed out however, that the Defendant has raised defenses against and denies the allegations made by the Plaintiffs. At this point it doesn’t appear that the merits of either sides’ arguments will ever be heard at trial as the case has come to a pending agreed upon settlement. Those who believe they are eligible to be compensated can begin an online claim at the Settlement Stream PA page.
Important Details of the Settlement
- The settlement contains two different time periods for which claims can be made
- November 30th, 2018 is the deadline by which claims must be filed (don’t snooze!)
- Objections and exclusion requests must be filed no later than August 14th, 2018
- The settlement’s fairness will be reviewed at the hearing on September 28th, 2018
- Requests to speak at the fairness hearing must be made by August 14th, 2018
Class Members of Time Period 1 (June 1st, 2011 to February 28th, 2015) will receive 5% of all amounts paid to Stream for service provided under the Variable Rate Plan while Class Members of Time Period 2 (March 1st, 2015 to May 31st, 2018) will receive 2% of all amounts paid. Questions about the settlement can be addressed by reaching out to the Settlement Administrator for assistance. Those who prefer to skip a phone call can try finding answers by going through the FAQs posted at the Settlement Stream PA page (sometimes reading is just more relaxing than talking).
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- 1801 Market St., Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103