Getting Started with the Time Magazine Settlement
- Claims can be submitted online or through the mail
- Frequently Asked Questions list can be reviewed
- Settlement Administrator contact info is available
It wouldn’t be a stretch to assume most people aren’t all too fond of the idea of personal information being shared with a third-party. In fact, there are many examples of lawsuits being filed when such an act is thought who have taken place. An example of such a lawsuit can be found in the case called Perlin v. Time Inc., which has recently come to a settlement agreement valued at a hefty $7,400,000. The lawsuit was filed over allegations that the Defendant disclosed information related to customer magazine subscriptions to third parties, and by doing violated Michigan’s Video Rental Privacy Act. However, it shouldn’t go without being made clear that Defendant denies violating any law. Which side the court would have sided with at trial is anyone’s guess as both parties have agreed to bring the matter to a close before ever reaching that point (hence the previously mentioned settlement). Those who believe they are due compensation can begin by going to the settlement site and clicking the File Claim tab.
More Important Information on the Time Magazine Settlement
- The date by which claims must be filed (by mail or online) is November 29th, 2018
- Objections and exclusion requests must be filed no later than September 14th, 2018
- A decision on whether to approve the settlement is set for October 15th, 2018
- Purchases must have been between February 19th, 2013 and February 19th, 2016
- Records suggest there are approximately 719,000 potential Class Members out there
It’s important to point out that Class Members must have had a Michigan street address and purchased the subscription directly from Time, Inc. (does not include purchases made through a Time website). Those who plan on filing by mail must make sure the correspondence is post-marked no later than the claim filing deadline of November 29th, 2018 (circle it on the kitchen calendar!). Questions about the Time Magazine Settlement can be addressed by going through the FAQs found in the Class Notice or at the settlement site. Those who don’t feel like reading through the extensive FAQs can try getting in touch with the Settlement Administrator for assistance.
Time Magazine Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404075, Louisville, KY 40233-4075