Total TCPA Settlement: How to Stake Your Claim
- Class Members can go online to complete the filing process
- The settlement also accepts claim forms through the mail
- A long list of FAQs is available to help with questions
Let’s face it, picking up the phone only to hear the sound of a cold artificial or prerecorded voice at the other end of the receiver is something most people prefer to avoid. Therefore, it should come as no surprise to see a lawsuit filed when a company places these type of telemarketing phone calls. For example, the recently settled case called Naiman v. Total Merchant Services, Inc. was file over allegations that the Defendant placed calls to cell phones using a contraption called the Spitfire dialing system. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can go directly to the online settlement page and click the Submit a Claim tab.
Things to Keep In Mind About the Total TCPA Settlement
- The last day for Class Members to file a claim is February 4th, 2019 (so file now!)
- Those who want to opt out of the settlement must do so by February 4th, 2019
- The Final Fairness Hearing is set for April 2nd, 2019 (hopefully it gets approved)
- Class Members must have received the calls between July 5th, 2013 and June 8th, 2018
In addition to online filing, the Settlement Administrator is also taking claims by mail. In order to file this way, Class Members must complete a form and send it to the Administrator’s PO Box. However, it is important to point out that the correspondence must be postmarked no later the filing deadline.
Along with collecting claim forms, the Settlement Administrator is also available to answer questions about the settlement. Meanwhile, those who prefer to find answers on their own can try browsing the FAQs available online and in the notice.
Total TCPA Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 3770, Portland, OR 97208-3770
Another Open Settlement