Filing for the Trott Fair Debt Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or sent in by mail
- Extensive FAQ list is available to be reviewed
- Administrator contact information is provided
A class action lawsuit called Martin et al. v Trott Law PC has recently come to a pending settlement to resolve allegations that the Defendant violated certain fair debt laws in the form foreclosure letters sent to Michigan homeowners between the dates of August 11th, 2009 and June 29th, 2018. The lawsuit settled for an even $7.5 million and provides cash payments to eligible class members (the settlement fund is estimated to be an amount equivalent to $30 for each class member). However, it should be pointed out that the Defendant states the letters in question complied with all state and federal debt collection laws and as such deny all allegations of wrongdoing. The court has made no ruling as to whether the letters violated the laws in question and likely never will due to the previously mentioned proposed settlement. Those who believe the are eligible for compensation can go to the Trott Fair Debt Settlement page and clicking the Submit a Claim tab to begin the online filing process.
Getting Into the finer Details of the Settlement
- Claims, exclusions, and objections must be filed no later than September 3rd, 2018
- The Final Fairness Hearing is currently scheduled to be held on September 27th, 2018
- It’s estimated that each valid claim will be valued anywhere between $75 and $150
- Requests to be excluded must be post-marked no later than September 3rd, 2018
- Checks to compensate valid claims will be sent out after the “Effective Date”
It should be noted that the “Effective Date” is 37 days after the court has entered into its Final Order (settlement is approved and the time to appeal has expired). Those with questions regarding the Trott Fair Debt Settlement can look for answers within the FAQs included in the notice of the lawsuit. The Claims Administrator can also be contacted with questions in the event the FAQs don’t provide the needed answer (or in the event one doesn’t feel like reading through all of the information in the first place!).
Trott Fair Debt Settlement Claims Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 3747, Portland, OR 97208-3747