Up and Up Wipes Settlement
- Unique ID can be entered to begin online claim
- A Frequently Asked Questions list is provided
- Administrator contact information is available
When consumers begin to feel a product that’s supposed to be “flushable” isn’t living up to its claims, a class action lawsuit is a fairly predictable outcome. Such seems to be the circumstances surrounding the recently settled class action lawsuit titled Meta v. Target Corp., et al. The suit was filed over allegations that certain Up & Up wipes manufactured by Nice-Pak Products, Inc. and sold by Target were not flushable as they claimed to be. However, it should be pointed out that the Defendants (Nice-Pak and Target) deny that the wipes were not flushable as claimed in the suit. Which side would have emerged as victorious in court will likely never be known at this point as both parties have agreed to settle the suit before trial in order to avoid the risks and costs of further litigation (they can definitely add up!). Those who wish to get started with an online claim can do so by going to the Up and Up Wipes Settlement page and clicking the Online Proof of Claim Form link.
More Information on the Settlement
- The purchases must have been made between April 18th, 2010 and October 31st, 2014
- Claims can be submitted with or without proof of purchase (good news for most filers!)
- Claims submitted without proof of purchase will be capped at $27 for compensation
- September 7th, 2018 is the deadline by which all claims must be filed (online or by mail)
- Those who want out of the settlement must file a request for exclusion by July 9th, 2018
After clicking the Online Proof of Claim Form link a Unique ID and last name can be entered to begin the online filing process (the Unique ID can be found on the email or postcard notice of the settlement). Those who believe they are eligible but do not have a Unique ID can begin the claim creation process by clicking the New Claim button. The answers to many questions about the settlement can likely be found by reviewing the information under the Frequently Asked Questions link posted at the Up and Up Wipes Settlement page (somehow a little effort put into the search can make an answer seem all the more satisfying). It should be noted that exclusion requests must be post-marked no later than the previously mention filing deadline and sent directly to the Settlement Administrator.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 11486, Birmingham, AL 35202-1486