Vizio TV Settlement: How to Receive Your Payment
- The easiest way for Class Members to file is online
- The settlement is also accepting claim forms by mail
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions is available
Nobody likes the thought of their personal data being sold off to advertisers. ESPECIALLY, without their knowledge. In fact, when enough allegations start to pour in claiming that a company has done so, a class action lawsuit can be the end result of these actions. For instance, the case called the VIZIO, Inc., Consumer Privacy Litigation was filed of allegations that the Defendant sold data received from what was watched on the Smart TVs purchased by its customers. However, these allegations appear close to being laid to rest as both parties have agreed to settle for a staggering $17 MILLION. Those who wish to make a claim can begin by going to the settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
Fast Facts About Filing for the Vizio TV Settlement
- The TV purchases must have been between February 1st, 2014 and February 7th, 2017
- The last day for Class Members to file a claim or request exclusion is April 29th, 2019
- April 29th, 2019 is also the last day for those who wish object to the settlement
- Class Members who don’t file or ask to be excluded will get NOTHING (not good)
After the Class Member clicks the File a Claim tab an online claim form will appear. Once the Class Member completes the form they must sign electronically before submitting it. Meanwhile, those who would rather do things the old way can click the Notice and Claim Form tab and print the form. Once the Class Member completes the form they can send it directly to the Settlement Administrator for filing.
Just a Few More Notes on the Vizio TV Settlement
- It’s estimated that payments will be anywhere between $13 and $31 per purchase
- The court will decide whether or not to approve the settlement on May 31st, 2019
- Only one purchaser per Smart TV per household may qualify for the settlement
- The proposed settlement is even bigger than the recent Total TCPA Settlement
Class Members who plan on filing or requesting an exclusion by mail must make sure they post-mark the correspondence by the April 29th, 2019 deadline. Additionally, Class Members should send their mailed exclusions and claim forms directly to the Settlement Administrator. In addition to taking collecting claims and exclusions, the administrator can also help with questions. However, those who would rather take matters into their own hands can try finding answers within the FAQs included at the settlement page.
Vizio TV Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 170500, Milwaukee, WI 53217
Another Settlement Now Taking Claims