Walmart Protection Plan: How to Cover a New Item
- Customers must login to their Walmart account to begin
- The portal provides online password recovery assistance
- New users can sign up for online account access
The thrill of purchasing a major item tends to be replaced with nothing but anxiety once the customer begins thinking about all of the things that can go wrong with it. However, there are things that customers can do to keep this uneasy feeling from setting in. For example, those who have purchased an eligible item from Walmart can now cover it under the store’s protection plan. In order to begin, customers must first go to the Walmart Protection Plan portal and click the link found under the Protect Your Purchases section. Once at the account login screen, customers can enter an email address and password to enter and add the item (not all that different from the Ridgid registration process).
Wait, what if something goes wrong with the item??
- Customers can click the link under the File or Track claims section of the portal
- The Walmart Protection Plan will try to repair the item and replace it if necessary
- In many cases the plan approves new claims INSTANTLY (nothing wrong with that!)
- Some claims may require a specialist to help assist the customer with the claim
By the way, the portal provides password recovery assistance for those who lost or forgot their credentials. In order to begin, the customer must first enter their email address to receive a verification code. Once the code is received, the customer can use it to create a brand new password (some may need to go through this process way more often than others!).
Examples of Items Covered by the Walmart Protection Plan
- Laptops – Because dropping your new laptop down a flight of stairs is never fun
- Mobile Phones – Nobody likes looking at a huge crack when glancing at their screen
- Jewelry – Have a watch that suddenly stops ticking? Get up and file a claim!
- Televisions – Covers electrical and mechanical failures from normal use
Customers can review the full Terms & Conditions of the Walmart Protection Plan by clicking the link found at the bottom of the portal. By the way, those who aren’t satisfied with the plan can cancel within 30 days for a full refund by calling 877-538-4389. Meanwhile, those who cancel after 30 days will receive a pro rata refund based on the amount of time left on the plan.
Walmart Customer Service Number