Walmart Coupon Class Action Settlement: How to Receive Payment
- The claim filing process can be completed online
- Claims Administrator can be contacted for help
- A Frequently Asked Questions list is provided
Any class action settlement that may include anyone who has ever used a coupon to purchase a taxable item at Walmart is sure to be pretty significant. Even if it only includes Walmart stores located in a certain state. As far as the case titled Farneth v. Walmart Stores, Inc. goes, the significance is to the tune of a mind-warping $45 MILLION. The case was filed over allegations that the Defendant violated state law by calculating sales tax before subtracting the discount from coupons at its Pennsylvania locations. However, it should be pointed out that the Defendant denies any wrong doing and contends that an opinion was received the allowed for the tax collection. Those who believe they are eligible to receive payment can begin by going to the online filing page and clicking the File a Claim tab (similar to the filing process for the Deck Over Settlement).
More Details on the Walmart Coupon Class Action Settlement
- Purchases must have been made between June 8th, 2007 and April 15th, 2015
- The deadline by which claim forms must be submitted is November 22nd, 2018
- Requests for exclusions and objections must be filed by November 14th, 2018
- Whether the settlement gets approved is decided at the Final Fairness Hearing
It’s shouldn’t go without being mentioned that Class Members who take no action will receive ZERO PAYMENT will also lose the right to file their own lawsuit (in other words get a claim filed or request to be excluded!). Those who decide to object can make their thoughts heard in person by attending the Final Fairness Hearing on November 19th, 2018 (set that alarm clock as it kicks off early at 8:30 AM ET).
What about the payment??
- Payments will be received in the form of a Walmart gift card
- Payments are estimated to be anywhere between $30 and $100
- Payment amount depends on the number of eligible claims
- The gift cards can be used at any Walmart or Sam’s Club store
Class Members who cannot file online are encouraged to reach out to the Claims Administrator for assistance. In addition to filing help, the Claims Administrator can also help answer general questions about the settlement. Those who would rather look for their own answers can do so by checking out the FAQs provided online at the filing page or in the notice (sometimes it’s just more satisfying to find your own answers!).
Walmart Coupon Class Action Settlement Claims Administrator
- PO Box 173053, Milwaukee, WI 53217
More Settlement Dollars Pending Approval