Wendy’s Data Breach Settlement: How to Receive Payment
- Class Members can file online or by mail
- The notice provides an extensive FAQ list
- Claims Administrator can help with questions
The ongoing class action lawsuit titled Torres v. Wendy’s International, LLC appears to be nearing its end as the parties involved have reached a settlement agreement. The settlement, if approved, will resolve allegations that the Defendant is responsible for a data breached that caused personal information of customers to be compromised. However, it should be mentioned that the Defendant denies the allegations and maintains that it has done nothing wrong. Class Members can go to the Wendy’s Data Breach Settlement filing page and click the File Claim tab to initiate a claim. After clicking the tab, Class Members must decide whether they wish to file online or submit a claim by mail.
Fast Facts About the Wendy’s Data Breach Settlement
- The breach occurred between the dates of October 25th, 2015 and June 28th, 2016
- The breach affected only independently owned locations and not Wendy’s itself
- A list of the locations that may have been breached is at the settlement filing page
- The breach may have comprised information such as names and credit card data
- The settlement has a lower overall value than the Sekure TCPA Settlement
Class Members who plan on filing by mail should send correspondence directly to the Settlement Administrator. Claims sent by mail must be postmarked no later than the filing deadline. Likewise, Class Members who wish to be excluded must also send correspondence directly to the Settlement Administrator postmarked by the deadline.
Wait, what’s this about deadlines??
- Class Members must submit their claim forms no later than March 21st, 2019
- December 21st, 2018 is the deadline for Class Members to request exclusion
- The court will decide whether to approve the settlement on February 25th, 2019
Class Members can review the information within the FAQs for answers to many common questions about the settlement proceedings. The FAQs are located at the settlement filing page and can also be found within the class notice. In addition to the FAQs, Class Members can also contact the Settlement Administrator for over the phone assistance.
Wendy’s Data Breach Settlement Administrator
- PO Box 404000, Louisville, KY 40233-4000
More Pending Settlement Dollars