Wesson Oil Settlement: How to Claim Your $$$$
- Eligible Class Members can file online for compensation
- The settlement is also accepting claim forms by mail
- Class Members can file with or without proof of purchase
The parties involved in the cased titled In re ConAgra Foods, Inc. have recently come to a truly enormous settlement agreement which provides $27 MILLION in injunctive relief alone (mostly changes made to the Defendant’s advertising claims). However, the overall value of the settlement doesn’t stop there. In addition to the injunction relief, the settlement also provides monetary relief to eligible Class Members (some may say “the good part”). So, without further ado, let’s take a look at what kind of compensation is available.
What can I get from the Wesson Oil Settlement?
- Class Members without proof of purchase can claim up to 30 bottles of oil
- Each bottle of oil claimed is valued at 15 cents ($4.50 max without proof)
- An extra $10,000 fund is available for those who can provide purchase proof
- A $575,000 fund is set aside for statutory damages for NY and OR residents
In order to file a claim, Class Members can go to the online settlement page and complete the electronic claim form. Meanwhile, those who would rather send a form by mail must address it to the Settlement Administrator (seems tedious but whatever floats your boat). In either case, Class Members should make sure they file on or before the August 22nd, 2019 filing deadline (still PLENTY of time left to make your move!).
More Important Info on the Wesson Oil Settlement
- Only applies to residents of CA, CO, FL, IL, IN, NE, NY, OH, OR, SD, and TX
- The time frame of the oil purchase varies by state (see the notice for details)
- August 6th, 2019 is the deadline for those who wish to request exclusion
- A hearing to determine the fairness of the settlement is on October 7th, 2019
Class Members with questions about the settlement should try taking a look at the Frequently Asked Questions located within the notice they received. In addition to the notice, the online filing page also has a complete set of FAQs. Meanwhile, those who prefer to get help over the phone can contact the Settlement Administrator (when it doubt pick up the phone!).
Wesson Oil Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 91249, Seattle, WA 98111-9349
File Online Here
Another Humongous Settlement Now Taking Claims